Friday, January 02, 2009

Curriculum Vitae. . .

So, this go-round, I didn’t make it for the end of the year toast. Sorry, I was asleep. 2008 had been a long and tiresome year, filled with frustration and troubles aplenty. Truth to tell, I needed the sleep and, without the assistance of alcoholic substances, I fell into a coma around about 9 p.m. EST and didn’t come out of it until about 8:30 this morning.

Oooo-rah.

There were some good things to come out of the past year, though, from reconnecting with old friends to first connections with new ones. With a little help, I came to a realization that I had been hanging on to some things I should have left behind; things that kept me from truly moving on. I experienced a rediscovery of self and purpose, which will make for a rough but interesting journey in the year to come.

So what does lie ahead? Who knows. I have big plans for the future, for myself and my family, and can only wonder how far this year will carry them. An internet store, leading into a health and fitness business is one of my goals, as is building towards a larger home for my family and moving my parents up from Kentucky. As for the near future, I have set off on teaching my oldest son and daughter wilderness survival skills, which started off with a rather humorous adventure centered around building a snow shelter. I am also thoroughly convinced that this winter will be perfect for another little science project we’ve been talking about for a couple of years. For details on that, stay tuned to this station.

As for my friends, both nearby and beyond the horizon, I hope to share this journey with all of you. As the past year has shown, we’ve been apart too long; we’ve missed too much. But before we embark on new beginnings, we must take care of the endings. . .

· To my entire family: I couldn’t have made it through 2008 without your support. We have to do that whole ‘hurricane’ thing again sometime.
· To my four wonderful children: I don’t know what I would ever do without you… Know, too, that I don’t know what I wouldn’t do for you. You are all truly pieces of my heart.
· To Diane, truly my twin sister: You are an EF-5 tornado in an otherwise calm sky. Your chaos helped me find my calm; my soul finally knows itself.
· To Cindy, dear heart: Life took you away so long ago, yet I sometimes think I can feel you beside me. I know I will see you again in the next life. I’m thankful you were in mine, if only for a short time.
· To Justin, my brother-in-arms: Life has made us unfathomable to those around us. We may not have figured ourselves out completely, but at least we’ll always have the misanthropy.
· To Tammy: You are forever seeking yourself, through the maelstrom that is your life. No matter what may happen, I will miss our walks in the park.
· To Alicia, my newest good friend from Tennessee: You’ve been having trouble seeing the way, too. You are someone I can trust, and that doesn’t happen often. Keep living in the moment, and never second guess yourself.
· To Ben: You may just be a worthy opponent. I look forward to many chess matches. Maybe I’ll even win a few.
· To Absent Friends

And now, we begin. . .

No comments: