Thursday, December 17, 2015

So Comes the Bluster of Winter. . .

Good evening, friends.

It's been a while since I've used my Blogspot to radiate my odd bits of escaping brain gas into the ionosphere, so here we are.  Coffee at hand, I find myself reflecting on the day's events, even as the snow that has so long been absent from our midst piles up around my tarped snowthrower.

Today was another of my noteworthy busy days, beginning with some light woodworking and compiling some book orders to ship out.  I have to say that I am pleased with the performance of Cooking for Adventurers, as it is attracting a larger audience than I had first anticipated.  I was a bit wary of making my first, full publication attempt a work of nonfiction, but what do I know?  On the other side of the coin, I am still working on "Equinox", the first of my science fiction series.  I can say with a very reliable measure of confidence that NaNoWriMo is NOT my cup of tea.  I made significant progress, but could not force the plotline along in such a rushed fashion.  I did, however, solve a few plot holes that had been plaguing me over the development of the outline, so I will continue in the coming months.  Along side of that, will be coming "Cooking for Campers", and "AAAAAIGH! And Other Noises your Electrician Shouldn't Make".  As with CfA, I will start posting some little teasers as things develop.

Pleasingly short and sweet was the visit I made to the local optician to pick up the replacement lens for my relatively new and supposedly scratch resistant glasses.  They were warranted, so it didn't cost anything to fix, but I am regretting not talking her out of the old, scratched lens.  It would have been nice to have a monocle for the next time we play Monopoly.

I have taken measurements and made sketches outlining the evolution of the Makerspace's Alpha Site.  Today, I finally made my mind up on what type of lighting I want for the video studio, and I hope I will be able to fabricate it without breaking the bank.  I am already looking at the unfortunate prospect of dropping a few hundred dollars on a snowthrower for the shop, as it would suck to have to clear that large space out by hand.  Trailering the machine we have at home would also get old after a time (most likely the first one).

But I digress.

Right now, I am working on the season's upcoming workouts, which will be featured on my YouTube channel as AKA episodes.  Everything will be tailored as the 'Everyman' (read everyperson) workout, focusing on functional strength, rather than merely aesthetics, and will require minimal equipment, which can be easily substituted.  Watch this space, kids. . .

Anyhoo, I realize I am rambling, and should probably get to bed.  The coffee's gone, anyway.  One parting thought, though:  If you have any love for yourself, stay away from eggnog-flavored coffee creamer.  That is all.

Goodnight from the Hinterlands.

--Bob

No comments: